Thursday, February 12, 2015

The beginning of sentences

Dear Matthew

Today after I finished work and came to pick you up from grandma's house you took me into her pantry and asked for 'bubbles?' which was your way of asking for a bowl of rice bubbles. 

I quickly obliged and sat you in your high chair to eat. After a few minutes of eating you asked 'more bubbles?' and I said 'you've got plenty of bubbles to eat in your bowl already' and then realised you had put two words together, something you had never done before. 

And so it begins! The start of sentences! It is the most beautiful thing to watch your language skills (and other skills of course) develop. I'm grateful every day that you're an early talker, with over 50 words now and not yet even 16 months old. I know communication is key to keeping both our frustration levels to a minimum when we're trying to portray our messages, so am very thankful that you seem to learning a new word every day and using if regularly in context. 

Don't ever stop talking to me baby boy. Lord knows nothing can stop me from always talking to you :)

Love you my babble boy

Mum xxx

P.S. You've also learnt that you can throw potatoes at windows because FUN. Also you like throwing balls at walls so I guess you're making that link too. So of course I had to take some snaps of you with your weapon of choice :)






No comments:

Post a Comment