Tuesday, February 23, 2016

My 30th and Grandma's 57th


Dear Matthew,
 
Last month I entered my fourth decade by turning 30. After so many big celebrations over the last couple of years I decided not to have a party and (given we were heading to Singapore the week after), just wanted some small family get togethers. Which we did, and which we were lovely.
 
First off, the night before, your nanna and Darryl came over for dinner to celebrate. I loved how captivated your were with the cake they brought- this followed a similar pattern over the next few days :) Singing happy birthday to you is the only way it's done now, regardless of whose birthday it is! It's hilarious (see below for your grandma's face when you're blowing out her candles).
 





 
On the big day we went to my favourite Indian restaurant, 7 Spices, with my side of the family and it was a delicious feast!


















 
This is one of my favourite photos of you and me! Look at your beautiful smile!
 





 
The next day we had a sewing session and mum's house and I got to have a cuddle with Anna's daughter, baby Rose.








A few days later it was your grandma's birthday and (as she was away that weekend down south playing golf with gramps), we celebrated a few days late with cake.
 







 
It was a great week or so of celebrations! Bring on the next birthday so we can watch you try and basically jump at the 'can-nels' to blow them out!

Love you my semi-pyromaniac,

Mum xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment