Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Postgrad studies... and chickens!

Dear Matthew,
 
I have recently reapplied to start my postgraduate studies at Notre Dame after a three and half year break from studying. I'll be looking at studying the Master of Counselling this time (having already completed two of its required units before you were born as part of a different course).
 
I'll be doing the course very slowly, probably only one unit per semester, to try and ensure my study doesn't eat into family time too much and because Notre Dame will be paying for a unit per semester so it makes sense from a financial perspective (it would cost me $46,000 otherwise!).
 
I understand that this may mean you and your future sibling/s won't have as much mummy time, but I'm hoping you see me studying and that it inspires you to do your own study one day. No doubt during the course of this degree you and I will, eventually, be doing our homework together.
 
So here's to a new challenge to help stimulate my mind a bit more and to hopefully, make me a better mum as I'll have a greater understanding of human development and experiences. Below is a photo of the two of us sick and huddled together while I try and draft my re-admission letter. I have a feeling this scene is going to repeat itself many times over the next five or six years!  

 

 
In other news, you have enjoyed catching up with you nanna lately, especially now that she and Darryl have three chickens! You are always keen to check their hatch for eggs and a few weeks ago you were lucky enough to collect one, while still warm. That's my boy, forever interested in animals! Maybe you'll be a vet? We'll have to wait and see :)

 
All my love,
 
Mum xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment