Saturday, September 29, 2018

Term 3 liturgy and Learning Journey night

Dear Matthew and Toby

We recently attended Matt's term 3 liturgy and 'Learning Journey' at school.

Matt your liturgy was, as always, just beautiful and you really got into the songs and animations this term (you love singing and dancing). One song was about a hippopotamus and the other you sung over and over and it went something like this: 'For you gave me a heart, and you gave me a smile, you gave me Jesus and you made me his child, and I just thank you Lord for making me, me'. You did such a great job leading your class with hand movements and your energy was contagious. You also answered Deacon Bruce's question about your favourite thing in the video that was shown (a man falling down a huge hole, probably base jumping). We then went back to your classroom for a shared morning tea.

A week or so later we came back to your classroom for your 'Learning Journey' evening which is basically open classroom night. Together you and I did a range of activities in your classroom during which you showed me all the things you have learnt in kindy this year. This included how to use the 3-step instruction apps on iPads, finding rhyming words, you could tell me the letters some words start with without seeing the words, and could tell the numbers of dots on dice. It was so great to spend that time with you Matt and to be able to witness how far you have come over the last year.

Love you boys,

Mum xxx











 





 








No comments:

Post a Comment