Monday, February 24, 2020

Daddy's birthday and Araleun

Dear Matthew and Toby

For your daddy's birthday this year we met his side of the family out for breakfast at a cafe near the river with an awesome playground for you kids. In the evening we had dinner at my parents' place and ate yummy Thai food. It was a beautiful summer's day and I hope your dad enjoyed it. 

We also recently went on another trip to Araleun for a picnic. You boys enjoyed exploring the beautiful gardens and water falls. Unfortunately our dad and I were bitten on our toes by these massive, painful bull ants (the size of a cockroach) that dug their needles into us and wouldn't let go! Luckily neither of you were bitten as these things stung as badly as bees! I'd never experienced anything like this despite living in Australia all my life. Anyway you both enjoyed clambering over the rocks and having leaf races in the water. Afterwards we also tried to check out the local dam but it was bit difficult with the tracks around it so we called it a day. 

Love adverturing with my boys, 

Mum xxx



















































No comments:

Post a Comment