Thursday, September 22, 2016

A morning of the beach and Bunnings

Dear Matthew
 
We have been trying to make trips to the dog beach a regular-ish Saturday occurrence and the last time we went was the day after a big storm. Due to the storm (I'm guessing), there was an amazing array of colourful coral, seaweed and star-fish washed up on the shore. I had never seen star-fish other than in aquariums and there were just so many of them! I wasn't sure if they were still alive so we put them back in the ocean but I counted five just from around the little area we were sitting. You weren't too fussed with them and preferred just to play chasey with the waves but I was shocked to see them.
 
As we went to leave you wanted to climb the sand hills so I sent your dad after you. He got you down once but you went again! He climbed up again with Soda this time to get you and I got some cute photos of the three of you at the top of the mountain :)
 
Afterwards we went to Bunnings and because Soda wasn't allowed to walk around the store (she had to be held or be in the trolley), you volunteered to sit with her. You'll see from the photos below that she wasn't too impressed to be in the trolley but you loved having a trolley-buddy and I've never seen you so willing to be confined to the trolley (you normally hate this unless you have something in your hand that contains copious amounts of sugar).
 
It was a lovely family morning and I'm looking forward to doing it again soon.
 
Love you my beach boy,
 
Mum xxx
 























No comments:

Post a Comment