Tuesday, February 27, 2018

A thank you to Matthew

 
Dear Matthew and Toby
 
Being the oldest kid in my family, I never realised what a gift an older sibling can be. Matt, I would credit you with being one of the major reasons why I haven't suffered from post natal depression during this maternity leave. You play a large part in my support system, and you're only 4. You care deeply for Toby and will always help me with him when asked, and often when not. Toby, you adore Matt and I'm pretty sure you're reaching so many milestones early because you simply want to keep up with your big bro.
 
Nobody makes Toby laugh as much or as easily as you do Matt, and it makes my hearty sing. Two kids has not been doubly or triply hard, like I was warned, not by a long shot. And it's because of you, my beautiful Matt. Thank you for all that you do to help your mummy with 'your baby' (as you refer to him), it is so very appreciated.
 
Love you both,
 
Mum xxx

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment