Friday, May 31, 2019

Time with Toby

Dear Matthew and Toby

Unfortunately for our little family, we have been sick for a while with coughs and colds that don't want to disappear. This has meant that my boss has banned me from coming into work for a while. The plus side of this is that during the week I've had more of an opportunity to spend one-on-one time with you Tobes.

A lot of our days when Matt is at school are often just filled pottering around the house, doing chores like the laundry together and 'weeding' the back grass. As the weather has gotten cooler, we've often spent a good portion of the mornings just sitting on the grass in the sunshine warming up, playing with Soda and Pepper and looking for worms that have popped out of the ground.

Recently I decided to use one of my forced sick days to take you to the zoo. It was nice to spend the time walking around seeing all your favourite animals. In particular we spent heaps of time looking at the tiger, which was walking all around its enclosure and super close to the glass so you could really see it. Check out the great photos below I got of you watching him!

We've also been spending a bit more time at your grandparents house to allow me to get some rest. You've loved 'lawnmowing' the front yard (and that of the neighbours') with your toy lawnmower and doing some gardening with Gumps.

It's been very good for the soul to have this time together and I hope you've enjoyed it as much as I have. I know you won't be little for too many more years and I'm trying to savour all our special time together while you're still my baby boy.

Love you both,

Mum xxx





















No comments:

Post a Comment