Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Your idiosyncrasies that make me smile

Dear Matthew
 
I thought it would be fun to post about some of your beautiful idiosyncrasies as no doubt I won't be able to remember them all when you're all grown up and can come back to this blog for inspiration for your 21st birthday speech etc!
 
So! You LOVE Soda. If we are out somewhere and you want to see her you will say her name over and over until we are in the car and heading home. Never mind the fact then when we get home you don't want to play with her but whatever! You also insist on everyone patting her again and again and you always exclaim 'Oh! Sooo cute!' in relation to her. It is gorgeous.
 
Speaking of Soda, whenever something happens which obviously makes you a bit uneasy or needs fixing, you are prone to say the words 'Don't worry Soda, we'll fix it!' regardless of the fact that Soda may be nowhere near you. It is hilarious.
 
Some other funny things you say are: 
  • Sooo heby! (for so heavy)
  • What's that (pause) noise?
  • Where's it gone? (with associated hands up)
  • Birds!!! (when running after birds, cats, anything you want to scare)
  • Likes you!! (when Soda is licking someone)
  • Kiss it better (when you've hurt yourself and need a kiss or someone else hurt themselves and you want to kiss the sore)
I'm embarrassed to say you've also picked up a number of things from this show you're a bit obsessed with called Hey Duggee, including:
  • Daddy bye-bye (followed by this sound) ahhuh!
  • Ahh woof woof! (and holding up your finger the way the character Duggee does)
You call any mail that you get a postcard too because that's what happens on Hey Duggee, it's so sweet when you're like 'Look mummy! A postcard!' and it's the electricity bill :) It makes me happy when I wouldn't normally be happy with that particular post!
 
You and I also do this thing where you ask for chocolate (pronounced crocket) and you draw out your request then shorten it and I do the same with my replies. For example:
 
Matt: Crrrrrrrrrrrocketttt?
Mum: Noooooooooooo
Matt: Crrroooooooooockeeeeeeet?
Mum: Nnnnnooooooooooooooooo
Matt: Crocket?
Mum: No
Matt: Crokcet?
Mum: Ok lets have some.
 
(I am clearly weak).
 
These things make you, you, and they are so entertaining and at the same time beautiful.
 
Love you,
 
Mum xxx
 
P.S. There's a couple of random photos below of us and I thought I'd just share the story of the torch photo. You woke up at night all of a sudden asking for a torch so I went and grabbed you one and you passed out again. So that's us cuddling the torch while I sit there asking myself what just happened!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment